Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Day 66: Winter Weather

Well, for these parts, anyway. The high temperature yesterday was 77 degrees here north of San Antonio. Today's high was nearly 20 degrees cooler, just 58 degrees. It was overcast and rainy all day. Since last night, we've gotten about four inches of rain, and it is still raining steadily this evening (though the flash flood warnings have now been cancelled). I needed a day just to rest and catch up on blogging and grading, so if the weather was going to turn bad, this was a good day to do it. Much better to be indoors than driving in these conditions.

Tomorrow I continue my journey toward home, but with my father joining me on this final leg of the trip. A retired high school biology teacher, he will bring fresh insights into what we are seeing. Each leg has been a different experience, first traveling for a couple of weeks with a geographer friend, then a month alone, then three weeks with my wife and daughter, and now a couple of weeks with Dad. Not only am I seeing different places, but I'm seeing them differently depending on who my traveling companions are.

A wet, overcast day in Texas Hill Country.

1 comment: