Monday, October 13, 2014

Day 43: Busiest Airport in the World

Today I caught up on my blog and organized and backed up photos to Google Drive, since I had time and reasonably fast internet. In the afternoon I took the hotel shuttle to the Atlanta airport to await the arrival of my wife and daughter.  They landed about 6:15 and we returned to the hotel, where we had a late dinner at the top floor restaurant.  It was amazingly easy to find my way around the airport, despite how big and busy it is. It handles nearly 300,000 passengers every day, but seems to run like a well-oiled machine. Delta Airlines is headquartered here, and 60% of all passengers flying in and out of the airport are flying Delta.
The weather forecast is for two bands of severe thunderstorms to come through Atlanta tomorrow,  one in the morning and another in the afternoon. High winds up to 60 mph, up to 3 inches of rain, flash flooding, and the possibility of tornadoes and hail up to an inch in diameter may force us to stay another day here. Our plan is to head north to Chattanooga,  but conditions there are forecast to be worse! We'll see what morning brings.




1 comment: