Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 52: Coastal Carolina

Today we traveled from Myrtle Beach southward to Mount Pleasant, a suburb of Charleston. I was due for my second oil change of this trip, though, so before leaving town we went to Grand Strand Nissan. I gassed up the rig at a nearby Kangaroo gas station ($2.65 a gallon) and we proceeded on. Two hours later we were in Mount Pleasant, enjoying delicious fast food at Chick-fil-A. I have to say that the service here was by far the best I've had at any fast food restaurant, and possibly any restaurant period. It's a combination of company and local culture. The grilled market salad had fresh diced apples, sliced strawberries, blueberries, glazed walnuts and pecans, and the avocado lime ranch dressing was sublime (though not as healthy as the salad). I suppose with my limited diet I'm easy to please, but I had quite a few gluten free options and they went out of their way to make sure my food was safe.

Today was mostly taking care of business and driving, but here are some more beach photos.

An Atlantic sunrise. Taken from the balcony of our hotel room.




No comments:

Post a Comment